*Info courtesy of Rosie
At Stauffers, we understand that there are hundreds of products to choose from while shopping. That is why we offer our customers the choice to allow substitutions in case the product you are looking for is not in stock.
Every item you add to your cart gives you the option to request a substitution in case that item ends up being out of stock (seen here on the item screen).
There is also an area in Stauffers Online that allows you to set your preference for every item to accept substitutes or not. This will make your default one option or the other, however, you will still have the opportunity to change your substitute preference on each individual item. To do this, click your username in the top right corner of your screen and select “Preferences”.
*in this drop-down menu you will also see “SNAP Preferences”. If you would like to learn more about “SNAP Preferences”, click here
The “My Preferences” screen will pop up.
*to see more information on the Accessibility feature, click here
By default, substitution preferences are set to “Substitute any out-of-stock items”.
- This means that any item you add to your cart will automatically have the “Best Substitute” option selected. This lets your personal shopper know that it is ok to contact you to discuss other options.
- Our personal shoppers will not make any automatic substitutions. Instead, they will call you to let you know of the items out of stock and suggest alternative options.
- You have until 30 minutes prior to pickup to respond to the personal shopper with any additional changes. If we do not hear from you by this time those items will be left off your order.
- “Substitute any out-of-stock items” is the recommended setting. By leaving this on, you will never forget to ask for a substitution on an item that you really need. For example, you may order a brand of eggs that we currently do not have in stock. Instead of getting no eggs at all, a personal shopper can reach out to you and ask if it is ok to substitute another brand of eggs.
If you do not want to be contacted for any items, select the “Do not substitute any out-of-stock items” option.
- This choice lets your personal shopper know that you want the exact item you ordered, not a similar item. This will also mean that you do not want to be contacted with questions or concerns about your order. Out-of-stock items will be taken off your order.
**If you have specific contact requests such as “please do not call me, this is my child’s nap time,” or “please substitute this item without waiting for my ‘O.K.'” Please note these in your order. Click here to read more about special instructions.
Once you have selected the best option for your shopping needs, select “Save” and refresh your page. Your preferences will now be applied to all items.
And remember, if you get to the checkout screen and decide that you would like to enable or disable substitutions on a specific item, you can expand your cart and select “Edit” to change this.
Did you forget to add something you need to your grocery order? Don’t worry! Reach out to one of our Personal Shoppers using the following phone numbers, and let them know what you would like to add to your order.
Please keep in mind that all changes to your order must be made at least 30 minutes in advance of the time you chose for pick up or delivery. After this time, your order is finalized and cannot be changed. If a SNAP card was used in your order, Add-Ons are unfortunately not available. Once the SNAP order is placed, the SNAP card is charged.