The Christmas season has finally arrived. The holidays include parties, gift exchanges, cooking, and family gatherings. But before indulging in holiday activities, you need to get your home ready. The first and most crucial step to getting your home ready for Christmas is finding a tree. Stauffers of Kissel Hill, the area’s biggest Christmas shop, is here to help.
Did you know that there are many types of Christmas trees sourced right here in Pennsylvania? In fact, Stauffers of Kissel Hill is a proud provider of Christmas tree varieties for Harrisburg, York, and Lancaster County.
COMMON TYPES OF CHRISTMAS TREES IN PENNSYLVANIA
There are a lot of local tree farms located in Lancaster, Cumberland, and York County. Yet, most of these farms are hard to find. This is why the Home & Garden teams at Stauffers have local tree specialists that help our customers choose their Christmas trees. Some of the common Christmas tree types grown within Pennsylvania that Stauffers offers, includes:
- Fraser Fir
- Douglas Fir
- White Pine
- Concolor (White) Fir
- Canaan Fir
But what does this mean and which of these types of trees are the best to have in your home during the holiday season?
PICKING A CHRISTMAS TREE FOR YOUR HOME
Deciding on what tree complements your home the best is a difficult decision. When in fact, there are particular advantages to different types of Christmas trees that may benefit your home for the holiday season.
- Advantages of Fraser Fir | Did you know that Fraser Fir Christmas trees are one of the most popular trees along the greater east coast? Not only do Fraser Fir trees last longer, they also don’t drop as many needles as other trees. Fraser Fir branches are sturdier than other Christmas trees; making it ideal for balancing heavy ornaments!
- Advantages of Douglas Fir | Fresh-cut Douglas Firs are a popular choice this time of year. Douglas Firs have shiny, sparkling green needles. The Douglas Fir is a much fuller tree, in comparison to other Christmas trees and is perfect for lighter-weight ornaments for hanging.
- Advantages of White Pine | The White Pine is often referred to as a soft, graceful tree. White Pine trees have great needle retention but don’t have the typical pine aroma as other trees do. This tree is ideal for lighter-weight ornaments.
- Advantages of Concolor Fir | Concolor Firs, also known as White Firs, have citrus-scented needles that will keep their smell all season! Concolor firs have blue-green needles and have great needle retention. The needles are soft to the touch.
- Advantages of Canaan Fir | Canaan Firs are similar to Fraser Fir trees. They are strong and sturdy like Fraser trees and often have a stronger scent. They have short, soft needles and are another type of tree that has great needle retention.
WHY SHOP AT STAUFFERS FOR LOCAL CHRISTMAS TREES THIS SEASON
Stauffers sells Fraser, Douglas, White Pine, Concolor, and Canaan Christmas trees every holiday season! Stauffers Home & Garden Centers are the best one-stop shopping experience for all your Christmas needs. At each local Home & Garden Center our staff is more than happy to help you. Stauffers can you help find the right tree for your home. We can also help educate customers on each local Christmas tree’s size, shape, and appeal.
STAUFFERS FREE SERVICES
Stauffers offers a handful of free services to help prepare your new tree for your home:
- Free fresh trunk cut – Cutting the trunk re-opens pores that allow for greater water intake.
- Free drilling for Stand Strait tree stands.
- Free tree wrapping and loading for easy transportation.
WHAT ABOUT CHOOSING ARTIFICIAL TREES?
Of course, not everyone may be able to have a fresh-cut Douglas Fir or a locally grown Fraser, due to allergies, pet issues, or both! Artificial Christmas trees are a safe alternative to your holiday decor. Luckily there are many kinds of artificial Christmas trees for your home to choose from. Whether you need a small, off-white, slender, or wider tree, there are all kinds of options for artificial Christmas tree hunting.
FIND FRESH CUT CHRISTMAS TREES AT ALL OF OUR HOME & GARDEN LOCATIONS:
ROHRERSTOWN, LITITZ, DOVER, EAST YORK, MECHANICSBURG, LINGLESTOWN, AND HUMMELSTOWN.