How to Prepare for a Fountain in 5 Easy Steps!
Fountains add interest and atmosphere to any landscape. If you’re considering adding one to your yard, we suggest you make sure your grounds are prepared.
Here are a few simple steps:
1. Make sure your ground is level around the base or bowl of the fountain. Add stone or soil to the area if needed to even it out.
2. A. If you have a pedestal fountain, we suggest adding 2 inches of crushed sub-base stone, 2B. After add two inches of screened stone.
3. Dampen the screen stone and let that sit for about one or two days so you can set the pavers down onto the stone. Then add pedestal.
4. After, border it with edging or larger decorative stones that match your fountain for a polished look.
5. Add more stone or soil if needed to keep ground even.