Ask Our Local Produce Team
From the time that you walk through the entrance doors to when your car is packed full of groceries, our goal is to delight you. Each of our departments in the store specialize in quality assurance and providing top notch customer service, and our produce team is no different!
Our local team members excel at satisfying your needs and answering any questions that you may have during your visit. Under the guidance of our knowledgeable departmental management, our team members learn proper ways to prepare, pack, pick, store, and artfully display many different kinds of produce, and above all, uphold Stauffers standards!
We’re here to help you, the customer! You can find us stocking the display with a fresh shipment of local hand-picked corn, wheeling out a new bin of local peak-of-flavor watermelons, ensuring that local fresh greens on display are well hydrated, or walking around ready to assist you with a smile.
So, apart from the obvious of helping customers locate items in the store, do you know of the many different services we can provide to our customers? Well, let’s chat about them!
Simple Produce Questions:
- Finding: First time shopping with us? Can’t remember where something is located? Ask a team member for assistance and we’ll gladly escort you directly to the item!
- Weighing: Scales can be tricky to read sometimes. We’ll help you weigh your produce items on our produce scale so that you do not get too little or too much. Just the right amount for your recipe!
- Picking: We don’t expect everyone that walks in to be fruit and veggie experts. If you are unsure as to whether something is ripe, or could use a few more days, we have the answers! We’ll pick out the perfect produce for you whether you want it ready to eat today, or ready several days later. Trust our trained eyes to get it right!
Special Produce Tips & Tricks:
- Coring: Although we already offer cored pineapples out on our sales floor, if you happen to find a whole one that really calls your name, we’ll be happy to core it for you!
- Slicing: We actually encourage customers to follow this little known practice – Ask one of our team members to slice open and re-wrap any melon that we have on display to ensure that its quality meets your expectations. This includes watermelons, honeydew, and cantaloupe!
- Sampling: Everything looks too good for you not to want to try a piece! We can open and sample just about any fruit in-stock. Try an asian pear, a local yellow peach, or an organic blackberry (with permission of course).
Standout Produce Service From Our Team:
- Educating: Do you want to learn how to slice produce to get the most for your money? Maybe you want to hear some supplier information. Our team members receive thorough training so that they can attempt to answer any question that you may have. Naturally, if they are unsure, our produce team management will gladly step in to lend a hand!
- Ordering: Are you whipping up a recipe that requires a lot of one or more items, or do you just want to stock up the freezer during a specific sale? We can place orders for individuals or cases of fruit, vegetables, herbs, juices, dressings, and dips that we carry in the department. We typically offer a 10% discount when ordering by the case as well!
- Catering: Fruit and veggie trays are a must have for any large gathering. Check out our website for the different platters that we offer through our produce department!
We also assemble a selection of fruit baskets to send to friends and family as a gift, a great idea for the holidays. An array of miscellaneous items can be added to the baskets as well. Check them out here.
As you can see, we take the time to make sure your visit is worthwhile. We want you to be able to rely on us for all of your produce needs, small or large, simple or detailed. Our local produce team is here to help you!